THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 14, 2011

My bedroom bedding..

It's about time for me to get some new bedding and I think I'm going to go in a different direction. For the past 5 years I've had a cream and black damask set I got at Target (I think). I've loved and it's served me well. The sheets it came with were great and comfy but alas, all was too good to last. The comforter is starting to pill and snag as kids and pets have worked their magic on it.

SO.. I thought I would want to stay with the black and creme theme, and I do, but I happen to be turning the rest of my house furniture to black and feel it would be a lot to have it in my room as well (especially considering our room will be on the first floor w/everything else black). Changing is going to be sad, because I recently bought 1000 thread count replacement sheets (in black). I guess they can be laundry day sheets.. /sigh
So I'm thinking of turning my room to brown and blue (like a dusty blue). I'd like another damask set, since I love that print theme, but I'm falling short of finding what I want.. Actually, I did find something I like but it's no longer available :(

Isn't it great? Alas.. the law of luck says that once I find something I like, I can't have it. I guess it's just as well. The review it was given says the blue is more tealy and green.
The other thing I'm looking @ is quite simple. And it has creme in it, which I like. I think my husband will definitely prefer something like this over damask anyway..

$130 isn't bad for a 12pc set (shipped). In fact, I'm wondering what's wrong with it.. Oh well, I really only want the little pillows and comforter. I know I'll be buying different sheets. Maybe I can find some 1500 thread counts so.. silver lining.


This is our bed, btw. It's in storage so it's good for me to look @ it again for visualizing purposes. It actually looks a lot better in person. Less stained. Solid as a rock too, I can't move the sucker by myself.




Which reminds me, I want to get a boss ass mattress topper to make our already comfy mattress even more irresistible. At least a 4 inch one like..


It's gonna be so friggin' sweet!

0 comments: