THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 14, 2011

Bedroom canopy..

For all of my life, I've always wanted a canopy bed. There's just something about them that cosies up the idea of a sleeping space. @ this point in my life, being in grown up world and actually having to work hard in my day to day, this concept seems like a good way to throw a premium on the closing of my days (aka, nighty night time). I am on a quest to create the comfiest/most romantic bedroom that I can conjure, and my first idea is to make a canopy. These are a couple of the styles that I'm envisioning..

This one looks like one of the more simple and realistic ones that I could do by myself. With the bedding I have in mind, I'm thinking of doing a cream or brown fabric, something like silk perhaps..
This looks like something I might have to order, at least the framing for the crown. But it looks like something my husband might like. The only downside is the fabric backing. I was hoping to put some wording and/or a shelf above the headboard. Maybe I could do it just with the crown, no backing.
Ooh, how regal!
A shorter version..
Seems like an even easier version..
Can I just stop to say, I WANT this friggin bed!
This is a great idea, just buying a basic crown like that and then fixing sheer drapery to it. One of my uncles is a fantastic carpenter. I wonder if I could have him fashion me something like this..
And finally, it's not living up the potential of a canopy but it would certainly be the easiest option of all. Forget that this is a true canopy framed bed, you could create this same draped look with something as simple as two hooks and a length of fabric

Okay, well that's what I have so far. Will be hard to narrow down but I'm sure any of these options will look great.

0 comments: