THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 14, 2011

Le Laundry..

So I know I don't have a house yet but I have looked at a number and it's looking like I'm going to be in the market for a laundry sink. Never had one but I know now over my accrued years of housework that one would come in pretty frickin' handy, especially with tinyfolk and furryfolk scampering around. I was directed to Lowes for this affordable yet still mildly attractive model.. 


Then that leads to the whole idea of how to maximize a laundryrooms usefulness. I think it's safe to say, any house we get, the laundry room isn't going to be expansive. I think we'll be lucky to get any kind of cabinetry. My bigger issue is sorting and having the space for that. I want to have a set up where everyone has their own basket that they must take up to their room. Haven't yet settled on what kind of baskets I want but I'm hoping to find something suitable @ Michaels or Hobby Lobby during a basket sale. So, that will come later.. 
But as long as we're on the subject of laundry rooms, these are the washer dryer duo I have my eye on currently. 

The Maytag Performance Series 4.5 cu front loading washer and it's 7.2 cu dryer partner. $810 ea. Wondering if I can get a sweet summer deal on these babies. I will be honest. The thought of using these makes me a little giddy.

**edit - I am currently hemming and hawing over whether I want the maytags or the GEs. Have yet to see either in person as our local Lowes blows but I will post with my decision at the end of next month when we move in! As it were, my new laundry room *is* coming with a set of cabinets and enough room to put a sink in but now I'm not so sure about that. I think I want to use that space for an extra fridge, since I think I'll get infinately more use out of that. Like I thought, it's not going to be a large room so I think I'll be lucky to fit an ironing board and a sorting hamper in there but I have decided that I want this hamper

http://www.amazon.com/Household-Essentials-ML-6445-Woven-Seagrass-Removable/dp/B000P6ABSU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1306593435&sr=8-1
I found it on Amazon MUCH cheaper than other places I've seen it. And I'm kind of in a "woven" phase right now.. Well, hopefully it's not a phase. I'll be buying a bunch of stuff like this so I better like it for a long while but I digress. I also dont' want to forget that I want a stair basket and I found one in *dun dun dun* rattan
Although, I think I can find this somewhere else for a better price than the one listed on amazon so I'll keep an eye out. And I posted somewhere in the future about wicker baskets from pier one for $20 each. I think those will be what I go with for everyones personal basket, unless I can find something with a top that can stack (would be most ideal)

0 comments: