THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Apetito Bueno..

Talking about my future dining room right hurr.. I'll start with the furniture I want (which is going to be super easy on the pocketbook)

For the breakfast nook.. ($399)

http://www.vcf.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10153&langId=-1&partNumber=1080849&N=4294967222+4294967163+88&Nao=0&Ns=P_Price|0&categoryId=4294967223&referrer=shelfPage

I'm not really concerned about it being a 4 seater. I'm really only going to have it for the kids to eat breakfast and lunch @. For dinners (and dinner parties) we'll use the larger table in the dining room..

http://www.vcf.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=1129899&langId=-1&Nao=1&storeId=10001&Ns=P_Price|0&N=4294967222%204294967163%2088&catalogId=10153&categoryId=4294967223&relatedRef=1129872  (Table $420 - Chairs $80 ea.)

 I want this set except for I don't want the upholstered chairs, i'll be getting the plain ones. It's bad enough I want the upholstered benches to go with it

($119 ea.)
I'm going to have to come up with some cover for it since the kids will be using it as well. I've had white upholstered seats before. It's just an all around fail of an idea..

But anywho, supposedly this set seats 6-8 comfortably. I only see it seating 6 comfortably really, with 8 as a squeeze but do-able. Oh wells, if I need to have more than 8 people over at a time at that point it becomes a full blown party.

And then, I think this buffet and hutch set is just pure genius. So much utility for such an awesome price ($1400)




So that all takes care of that. Next, which will be much harder, is linens and then utensils and then glasswares (all of which I haven't even looked for yet). However, I have found the dining set I want. I think it's smart to stick with white, as you can always add to it with serving pieces and for the most part have everything still flow but I'm still attached to the idea of color. 

I found some multi-hued German dinnerware that I can buy piece-by-piece should breakage happen. They make all the colors I'm interested for communal living space (I have an idea of doing colors based off of chilies and peppers - red, orange, green, yellow). So I think this Waechtersbach line is the thing to go with. I plan on doing each piece of the set in a different color (like, red for the chargers, orange for the plates, yellow for the salad plates, green for the bowls etc etc). 


The hope is that it doesn't all look super crazy. I'm already having a heck of a time figuring out the best flowing paint scheme in the house but I think that's a subject for another post.. Ah well, I suppose now the hunt is on for.. Glassware! Which means.. Home Bar is probably next :)







0 comments: