THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Xmas-y D'Lights!


*I've updated this entry to a closer draft*

So today, well, I was really thinking about dozens of things but now that I'm home.. Just wanted to jot down some ideas for the menu.

I'm going to go heavy on appetizers and try to stay away from anything that really resembles dinner. BUT, at the same time I want everyone to come hungry so I'll be offering a little more than I normally would in the horsdeurves department.

Planning on feeding around 30 people with
5 Cold/room temp apps
4 Hot apps (I have two chaffers with half pans)
5 Desserts
4 Cocktails

Cocktails, previously discussed, are to be:
Fresh Nog (with Vanilla & Nutmeg)
Winter Sangria (with pomegranate, clementine & blackberry)
Cranberry Martinis
And a Coffee/Hot Chocolate Station with whipped cream, home made marshmallows, milk and mini liquors for flavor blending (I'm thinking a trio - like kahlua, bailey's, and creme de menthe)

Hot apps I'm thinking:

Bacon Wrapped Dates
Spinach Artichoke Dip (with Lords Chips)
Chorizo Stuffed Pequillo Peppers
Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps


Cold apps I'm considering:

Crostini Duo of Whipped Creamed Bleu Cheese with Cabernet Poached Pears
Walnut Crusted Creamy Muscat Grapes
Antipasto Meat/Veg/Olive Platter
Drunken Tomatoes (marinated in vodka and tossed in crazy salt)
Grilled Lamb Rib Chops with Red Currant Sauce


As for Desserts, I'm sure I'm going to change my mind a long in the weeks coming but I'm thinking:

A Classic Yule Log (Perhaps yellow cake and fudge filling with berries)
Duo of Truffles & White Chocolate Covered Cherries
Prosecco Gelee with Mandarin Oranges & Cranberries
Pumpkin White Chocolate Mousse Tartlettes
Mini Eggnog Cheesecakes


I'm also thinking of making some traditional sugar plums via this recipe
http://www.foodtimeline.org/christmasfood.html#sugarplums

And a traditional figgy pudding just so everyone at the party can say they've tasted "traditional" centuries old christmas dessertsd

Ahh.. now to go pin!

0 comments: