THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Side Tables for Xmas Party *to revisit*

Jotting down some ideas for my "random" tables for the party. I've got the coffee table and metal side table in the living room I covered that will have the orange pomanders and pinecones. And then the dining sideboard is pretty mapped out (though, it's made of iron scrollwork on the bottom so maybe an opportunity for more ornaments?).

From there I've got a small console in the living room and a long console in the breakfast nook, along with the console in the entryway. 

For the entryway table I want to keep it simple with new holiday candles for the scones and three painted picture frames with vinyl lettering that spell out "Ho Ho Ho" like so
Except with colors more in my theme. I've already picked out some scrapbook paper for these. It'll be simple and fun. Clustered around the frames I'll place some unraveled metallic curling ribbon. 
There is a lower shelf to this table that I'll place my favorite sparkly santa I got from Pier1 some years ago. 

In the living room I have a narrow console table with a large scrolled iron wall candelabra hanging above it. I plan on having the candelabra all light up with tealights and the table will serve as my Coffee/HotCocoa Bar. 
I'm going to paint a simple sign from posterboard with the phrase "Have a cup of cheer" and hang it from the middle of my candelabra (similar to this idea)

On the station I plan on having two carafes (I only have one right now but I want two matching so I'm going to get a set of cheapies [$12.50] from the WEBstaurantstore.com)
Slap a bow on it, call it festive. Job done.

For mix-in options you gotta have whipped cream, (homemade) marshmallows, shaved chocolate, cinnamon sticks, peppermint sticks, turbinado sugar, and cream. Maybe more metallic curling ribbon for the tablescape and/or confetti (using that paint strip/paper punch idea on pinterest). Maybe small jingle bells. Dunno, sure it'll flesh out later.

For the long table, that will be my signature cocktail table - with the sangria, eggnog punchbowl, & martini pitcher. I've got one small silver tinsel tree already so I'm going to spring for another and use those, along with table confetti.
Somewhere along the table I'll have a sign reading "Making Spirits Bright" for a little cheek :)

On both drink tables I was thinking of trimming the tables with this glittery felt "snow" *insert picture later*. Might not be needed, IDK. I think I'll set up the stations with dishes, bowls and pitchers a few days before hand to see what needs adjusting.

And I'm losing my thought process because it's late so I'll come back to this one laters!


0 comments: