THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Christmas Dining Room

I'm so excited! Yesterday my dining room table finally arrived and I have all my chairs too! I'm eager to post pictures although I don't have the room nearly together but first.. I have to put the table legs back on the CORRECT way lol.. I was looking at it after I flipped it over thinking it looked a little funky.. I put the damn legs on backwards, ha. 

I've got ideas swirling around my head for the dining room but that'll be for another post with pictures of the table. 

Still thinking of the dining room, I'm thinking about how I want it to look for my soiree. 
I'll be setting the chairs aside elsewhere and using the formal dining table for my hot appetizer foods in two chafers. I'll have plenty of room on the table so for my centerpiece, I'll be utilizing my new apothecary jars and I'll be raising them a bit on a covered platform. 

This is an example of the direction I'll be going with the jars
Filled with christmas goodies - for mine I'm thinking of filling the smallest with glittered old fashioned light bulbs in my theme colors (white, silver, red and prep green)
Some of those same candycane ornaments (my decor will be very ornament heavy)
And for the third perhaps a modge podge of glittered pinecones, jingle bells and some other random vase filler

As for the platform, I'll be keeping my eye out for some sturdy plastic containers that I can flip over and cover with colored tulle. Under the tulle I want to lay a string of battery powered led lights for this kind of effect

Overhead, I'll be hanging a few ornaments from the chandelier (though perhaps not this low, I won't know til I actually hang them)


That will wrap up the table, I'm sure it'll look busy enough. When not in party mode, I'll just have a simple lantern on the table with some votives
For the sideboard I want to keep it simple - I want to re-create two of these mini ball-style topiaries
And I want to hang a similar banner between them reading "rejoice"

Other components of the room will be the first time I put out two main trees - I'll be putting my smaller 7.5 foot tree on a revolving stand in the dining room and it's theme will be all things Santa! I have so many gingerbread ornaments, I'm sure I'll be able to use some on that tree - I won't know how it will all work out til I finally get them up but I'm hoping to keep it exclusively santa with red, white, silver and black. That's one thing that I need to look up ideas for but I think it will be adorable - especially adorned witha  Santa hat topper. 
The last component will be garland bundting hung across the top arch of the wall connecting the dining room to the entryway/foyer. This garland I'm hoping to make from deco mesh and work garland, ala


And that will be my ultra christmasy formal dining room









0 comments: