THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, September 14, 2012

All that glitters..

So today I'm thinking about christmas projects that glitter! 
I am still considering garland and swag in my living room. I want to make a deco mesh garland for sure but I don't think the living room will be the best place for it as I'd likely have to make a great length of it. Still an option on the back burner though. 

I think another great option for swag is the idea of this tulle adorned string light project (which you can make as poofy as you want! - also you can use all kinds of different colors for different holidays, something to remember when I resume my annual Halloween party next year!)

I think it's definitely a project I'll be doing as I have so many fantastic places for swag with my abundance of vaulted ceilings. I don't just want to lay out appetizers and call it a party - I want to create ambiance!

For added string-light fun glitz, I like the idea of combining an icicle string of lights with mirrored garland (I think I'd have to buy three times the garland per one length of lights for this ultra glittery effect, which means placing this along a short length of space - I'm thinking possibly above my mantel/TV


It won't let me link a picture but I'm thinking this different oval mirrored garland from partyoasis - 9 ft for $5.99
http://www.partyoasis.com/9ftovgaw.html


My last thought is concerning my living room centerpiece. I thought of making an ornament chandelier that I'd juryrig to my ceiling fan but I'm not sure it'd fit well. But since I'm incorporating a lot of glitz into my decorations I though about the ribbon adorned disco ball idea I'd seen on pinterest. 

Come to find out disco balls, even small ones, are quite heavy and I don't think I want to chance hanging 10 pounds from my fan. 
Ergo - my backup backup plan. I thought about how I have a lot of disco ball ornaments on my trees regularly. Then I thought about kissing balls that are so popular (I already plan on having a few laced with mistletoe, strategically hung for photo ops). 

Why not combine the two? So my plan is to get a large round styrofoam form and hotglue various sizes of silver disco ball ornaments to it, along with tiny jinglebells to fill the smallest spaces. I feel that should be a fair compromise to getting the effect that I want and still tying into my theme.

0 comments: