THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Xmas Heights!

Xmas-y thoughts on this lovely first of September. I think I've decided on a date of December 8th so that gives me.. 14 weeks, ha!

Well today I'm thinking about what I'm going to do with my ceilings. I've got vaulted ceilngs in the living room and kitchen and these rooms are partially divided  by a wall with three arches. I don't think I'll do much in the kitchen but for the living room I'd really like a garland type deal. I was thinking of tinsel garland at first but I think I'm gonna scrap that in favor of the ultra cheap crepe streamer ($4 for a roll of 500 ft, chyeah).

In turn, I think that's pretty much cemented my idea of theme - just lots of red & white, with silver accents. Very santa/peppermint stick-esque. In fact, I think I'm going to put a tree in the dining room and make that my new Santa tree.

So basic horizontal streamer duo on the ceiling a la

Though perhaps not that many. Thinking 6 - 10 tops. And more droopy.

With the leftover crepe paper (out of 500 ft, there's bound to be some left) I can either make christmas wreaths like this halloween one (just get some cheap wood cutout saying from the craftstore and paint glitter)

Or I can make a large "Kissing Ball" by rolling crepe rosettes and sticking them to foam balls. Then I'd stick on some faux gems and fix some mistletoe to it - then I'd hang this in the middle arch dividing my living room/kitchen for photo opts




As far as my arches go, I plan on spiraling some tinsel garland down the both of them - I was going to do red and white for peppermint sticks but since that will be the ceiling maybe I'll just stick with silver. Very much like this but inside and not so grandiose
And in the wide open space over my television I definitely want to do a home-made banner.. Either Merry Christmas or Rejoice. I'm thinking I could find some basic circle wood cutouts from the craft store, hopefully different sizes, and I can hand paint them then stack them for effect. Will try to drill holes and thread ribbon myself.




And last but not least, I need to find a way of hacking my ceiling fan so that it will hold the added weight of about two dozen ornaments and some ribbon - a la
I just need to find a way of hanging this flush in the middel, which probably requires some engineering on opposing sides of the base of the fan, but I think I can swing it.



0 comments: