THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Stop the presses, fire up the oven

I had a eureka moment about Tatum's room. I know I said Rainbow before but I feel that too much of a good thing will probably turn to a bad thing, with the kind of color explosion that could happen in a room full of rainbows.

So.. I'd been thinking about what else I might do for her. I've always liked the idea of a parisian black/pink theme with lost of scrolling and damask.. But then I figured that's more me and less "Tatum". Then I saw polkadots.. another me thing but it's something we share since Tatum loves polkadots as seemingly much as I. So then I thought "dots.. they kind look like sprinkles.. Sprinkles? SPRINKLES! CUPCAKES!". And then.. not just cupcakes, because c'mon - that's been done. I'm no pioneer there. And then I thought.. BAKERY!

As it turns out, I'm no pioneer there but it's where my head is at and I'm liking it. It's PERFECT for Tatum and it's something I can see her liking well into her teens. I'm going to stick with basic bedding, so she's not tied down - and then lots of custom art work. I'm going to get into painting again this summer and the kids rooms are first on the docket. LOVE!

Anyway.. here are some cool ideas and trinkets I want for this project..

These awning valences! I MUST have these! I don't care if I have to get a tailor to custom make them.. they're happening. And this reading nook idea is amazing. It's also happening. These playtents are sold @ Land of Nod.

Cupcake play set

Clock




Another clock

Cupcake vinyl wall art

Cupcake candles


Cupcake shaped measuring cups

Chalk bakery sign

Cupcake stand shelf! Ahh! Too cute!
Stealing idea!

Cupcake canisters @ momastore.org





Matching aprons for me and her @ carolynskitchenonline.com
 (Not decoration but I'm stealing these cupcake ideas for later)



Cupcake memo board (which I can only seem to find on uk stores)

Cupcake bunting - again UK

Cupcake bank


Cupcake magents $5.50 ea on etsy

I'm sure there's lots more but I'm getting droopy. Will be back with bedding.

0 comments: