THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Baby it's cold Inside..

So we have the house and now I know what I'm going to need in terms of appliances (which thankfully, is now simplified since I don't have to worry about the microwave, range, ovens or dishwasher.)

Fridges and freezers are basically my concern now. At first I wanted the GE profile because a.) it's hella nice and b.) I had planned on having to install a GE profile gas range. Now that thats no longer the case and all my other appliances will be fridgidaires, I feel I can get whatever is both the most economical, energy efficient and stylish. I think I am finding this in the Maytag Ice2o


http://ext.homedepot.com/video/?bcpid=207606409001&bctid=111616201001





http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=202545812&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&MERCH=REC-_-product-1-_-202545818-_-202545812-_-N&locStoreNum=3626

$1528 @ Home Depot. The video link above showcases all of it's cool features. Its functional enough for me and an American brand just like my husband wants. All is good.

Then I turn my eye to my second fridge. I'm a chef who likes to entertain so I gotta have a backup fridge! And luckily, my laundry room has a little space set aside to dedicate to one. Doesn't have to be anything fancy though, I just need it to cool. So I'm thinking of going with something like a basic black GE topfreezer fridge



Under $500

And a little later on, we want to pick up an upright freezer to throw in the garage because I want to start a stockpile of meats and will need a place to store my homemade stocks and sauces. So, again with a GE (a little over $500 this model)
http://www.homedepot.com/Energy-Star/Appliances-Kitchen-Appliances-Freezers-Upright-Freezers/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbv38Z1z141o3/R-100656381/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

I imagine an upright will be infinately more functional than a chest, which I've had and hated. With this you just open the door and everything is easily seen and stacked. Love.

0 comments: