THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 27, 2011

Another Idea Post Dump..

So... we just got our offer accepted on a new house in Tennessee! (pix to follow) And now my mind is swimming with so much stuff, I can't hardly narrow it down. So I need to make a dump post to organize later (hopefully) - I'm really hoping to get around to this since my last day of work is in a week and I'll have a few weeks this summer with the kids, moving and what not. Anyway..

So now that we're going to be settling in one place for what we percieve will be quite sometime, we are excited to start up our garden! I'm thinking raised beds is the way to go, that way you have a better chance of having soil that will yield great results (we have one at work for herbs and it has just flourished in the month it's been in place).
This place sells kits (in rectangle and cirlce) for $149 each, joints and all. The wood has already been insect and sun treated





http://www.windandweather.com/Circular-Raised-Bed-Kit_p1644.html

(I also want some of their tomato stakes and kinetic pinwheels)

This also reminds me, I saw solar powered path lights today @ Lowes that I want for the front walkway. They look easy to install (just shove in the ground)

And speaking of Home Improvement stores.. I want a storm door put on the back door. One with a screen so I can let the fresh summer breezes in and hear the kids playing in the back yard

There's also the tiny issue of the exterior of the house (which is just fine) but I feel there's a "bare spot" if you will, right up front and center between the door and the small accent window. So in between there I want to hang a wrought iron wall grill for decorative purposes. Something kind of like this (from touchofclass.com)

Then, I was thinking, because of how my new kitchen will look and the house on the whole - I'm reconsidering my breakfast nook dining furniture. I want to incorporate rattan/woven/bananaleaf/seagrass chairs and stools (there will be a breakfast bar! Eeep!)
I would love these ones from Pottery Barn



But might have to settle for the slightly cheaper ones from Target





More woven stuff - baskets from Pier One



Cheap accent chair and a good way to get some color in there

0 comments: