THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tatum's Wonderland Room Rought Draft #1

It came to me last night. I think I have decided (at least in a rough draft sense) how I am going to handle the paint for Tatum's AIW room - At first I was thinking the walls should all be pink/purple with The Cheshire Cat in mind. Now however, I feel like since the theme is ultimately the epitome of whimsy - I could paint each wall to represent a major character (in the animated film at least). And with the bed planned on being a representation of Alice, it'll have this metaphorical undertone as a bonus.

So one wall, of course, I want to keep my cheshire cat theme - I want to do vertical pink and purple stripes (something like this but obviously not exactly these colors -probably deeper)





This wall will be the only one with a window so for paneling I have had my eye on this set of smoky plum dupioni silk panels for awhile now

The wall the bed will be up against I want to do a series of V stripes in red and black to represent the queen of hearts




Along another wall I'm thinking doing a deep cerulean blue with a gold mosaic detailing (something like a moroccaan print) to represent The Catepillar
So where that is blue and white, I want blue and gold




The other wall I am torn on - I could either go green & gold for the mad hatter, or do white/red/black for the white rabbit or a deck of cards - I'm leaning towards just  a stark white wall stamped with hearts, spades, clubs and diamonds






And I feel I've got a really cute idea for a storage door that happens to be in this room (this is the bedroom, now empty after my family has moved out - needs fresh paint so bad)
That little white door I want to paint, put up a curtain rod and attach a replica doorknob (from the animated film)

All this with the bed and a few key pieces of furniture (I'd love a topsy turvey piece or two but they might be cost prohibitive) - and I feel it could all tie in well. Of course there will be mushrooms, and cookies and tea cups all over the room (and other items representing smaller characters). I want a few key quotes, because I think the story is just chock full of great ones and the whole theme is just soooo Tatum.





0 comments: